Thursday, January 11, 2007

Surprise!

Finally I can post a picture of the surprise Christmas wedding portrait I did for this beautiful couple, Katie and Chris! Chris' mom commissioned this oil painting from me unbeknownst to the newly married couple. I had to be very sneaky and hush hush about the whole thing to ensure that I didn't spoil their Christmas surprise. Since they were all the way in Minnesota, I had Chris' mom email me a picture of them with their painting on Christmas so I could see their reaction and show all of you. One of my favorite things about being a portrait artist is being able to create something that will truly be loved and treasured by people for years to come. What a great way to commemorate the love that they have for one another! I feel so lucky to have had that opportunity, especially with such a sweet and truly in love couple. They sent me the nicest thank you letter too - check it out:

"Dearest Sam- This is Chris and Katie, finally sitting down to thank you appropriately for the surprise that we had Christmas morning! We were both shocked that Patty had been so sneaky to acquire the beautiful portrait for us and i wish you could have seen the look on our faces when we saw how amazing it truly was...=)...WOW....it's beyond perfect and again we have to thank you for choosing to use your incredible talents on a portrait of us....Patty sent prints to my parents and grandparents as well and they are all just in awe of it...it captures an amazing moment and memory in the beginning of our marriage that is unforgettable....I only hope that we can assist in spreading the word of how intriguing your work is! Everyone who sees it knows who painted it that's for sure...=)... We hope you enjoyed your holidays ( the first as a married couple just as ours was =)) and we hope that you have just as much happiness in your marriage as we have found....Thanks again Sam and best of luck in your future endeavors as an artist!

Sincerely, Chris and Katie Premo"

On that note, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas. I feel truly blessed to have such a great outlet for my creativity in Bliss and to be part of such a great team.

1 comment:

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

oh Sam.....that is sooo gorgeous!!!! rae