Friday, October 20, 2006

Hello Pensacola!


One week ago I woke up in Erie, Pennsylvania to about 2 inches of snow...and today I woke up in Pensacola, Florida to warm, sunny, beautiful weather! I am so excited that I got to move to the Sunshine State to continue chasing my dream of planning extravagant weddings. The move was not an easy one, though! 17 hours of driving (which, thank heavens, was left to my someday-husband Joe), some inclement weather, apparently a time-zone change, and 5 tanks of gas later...we finally made it! I couldn't be happier with the big move. I've been ready for a change of scenery since about BIRTH! We've had such a warm welcome, too! There's a very dramatic change in human behavior between the north and south. In the north, you can barely get someone to thank you for holding the door open for them. In the south, you can't even open a door for yourself! There's always someone who is willing to help out with anything. It's a great feeling! Now I know the true meaning of southern hospitality. I'm so glad to be here, and I'm thrilled to be able to work with some Gulf Coast brides! Everything's bigger and better in the south, right???

No comments: